BYU student making homemade rocket fuel starts dorm fire

A big fireball triggered the dorm’s sprinkler system.

(BYU Police Division by way of FOX 13) One kitchen at Heritage Halls on the BYU campus was broken after a pupil making selfmade rocket gasoline began a hearth.

Provo, Utah • A BYU pupil making rocket gasoline contained in the kitchen of a campus dormitory began a hearth Sunday that triggered injury to the constructing, displacing residents.

College police stated they have been alerted to the hearth at Heritage Halls – Constructing 4 at 4:30 p.m and located the hearth sprinklers had been activated and have been flooding the ground.

Flames from the hearth “had engulfed the partitions and ceiling across the range and the extraordinary warmth tripped the hearth sprinkler system,” the division wrote.

After the hearth was put out, an investigation discovered that the coed was making selfmade rocket gasoline on the kitchen range when it exploded right into a fireball.

To learn extra, go to FOX 13.

This text is printed by the Utah Information Collaborative, a partnership of stories organizations in Utah that intention to tell readers throughout the state.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.