Folks obtain COVID-19 exams on the College of Utah in Salt Lake Metropolis on Jan. 31. Well being officers reported 20 extra COVID-19 deaths and 614 new circumstances on Wednesday. (Scott G Winterton, Deseret Information)
Estimated learn time: 2-3 minutes
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah well being officers reported 20 COVID-19 deaths on Wednesday, together with 614 new circumstances.
Faculty kids account for 75 of the brand new circumstances. Of these circumstances, 45 had been kids between ages 5 and 10, 9 had been ages 11-13, and 21 had been ages 14-17.
The rolling, seven-day common for brand new optimistic exams is now 689 per day. The seven-day common for folks testing optimistic is presently 20%, persevering with a decline from the omicron surge when it reached a excessive of 46.7%.
Presently, 358 individuals are hospitalized within the state with COVID-19, in accordance with the Utah Division of Well being. That is one other decline from the 415 reported on Tuesday.
Of these sufferers, 92 are in intensive care items. All state ICUs are about 72% full, and ICU referral items are 77% full, the well being division reported — each percentages are on the utilization warning degree.
Nonetheless, intensive care items are much less full this week than they’ve been since July 2021. ICUs have been above the utilization threshold, which is ready at 85% for each ICUs and ICU referral items, for more often than not between right now and final July.
Non-ICU beds are 55.3% occupied, state information present.
The well being division has reported a complete of 4,392 COVID-19 deaths for the reason that pandemic reached Utah in March 2020. Of these deaths, 59.7% occurred in a hospital and 81.1% had been thought of high-risk sufferers, which means they had been both over 65 or had been in any other case immunocompromised.
The most recent deaths embrace:
- A Utah County man between the ages of 65 and 84, whose hospitalization or in a long-term care facility standing is unknown.
- Two Washington County males, 65-84, not hospitalized.
- A Salt Lake County man, 65-84, unknown.
- A Washington County man, 65-84, hospitalized.
- Two Salt Lake County girls, over 85, unknown.
- Three Salt Lake County males, over 85, unknown.
- Two Davis County males, 45-64, hospitalized.
- A Washington County lady, over 85, unknown.
- A Millard County man, 45-64, hospitalized.
- A Utah County man, 45-64, hospitalized.
- A Sanpete County lady, 65-84, hospitalized.
- A Sanpete County man, 65-84, hospitalized.
- A Salt Lake County man, 45-64, unknown.
- A Washington County man, over 85, hospitalized.
- A Sevier County man, 65-84, hospitalized.