U.S. Secretary of Schooling Miguel Cardona will ship opening remarks Wednesday on the 2022 Advancing Fairness in Profession-Related Schooling Summit, a digital convention bringing collectively a whole lot of officers and exterior stakeholders to share methods to assist youth and adults entry high quality profession pathways.
The digital occasion, hosted from midday to 4 p.m. ET by the Division’s Workplace of Profession, Technical and Grownup Schooling (OCTAE), might be a discussion board to change analysis, evidence-based methods, and progressive practices that advance fairness throughout career-connected schooling. Presenters embody representatives from federal, state, and native companies, and establishments of upper schooling college students, lecturers, and researchers.
Tomorrow’s Advancing Fairness summit is a crucial part of the Schooling Division’s ongoing efforts to implement Govt Order 13985, Advancing Racial Fairness and Help for Underserved Communities By way of the Federal Authorities. The summit additionally advances the Secretary’s targets for all youth and adults to be prepared for, and have significant entry to, high quality school and profession pathways.
In a significant tackle, Secretary Cardona just lately highlighted the significance of creating increased schooling extra inclusive and reasonably priced. He additionally confused that college students ought to have pathways via increased schooling that result in profitable careers. To attain that, he known as for reimagining the connection amongst p-12, increased schooling and the workforce. Secretary Cardona additionally really useful prioritizing grant packages that enable college students to return to increased schooling or pursue profession and technical teaching programs at any level of their lives and careers.
Among the many summit highlights:
- Midday-12:15 p.m. – Secretary Cardona will reinforce his priorities for schooling, introduced final week, which included making increased schooling extra inclusive and reasonably priced, in addition to making certain pathways via increased ed that result in profitable careers.
- 12:15–12:50 p.m. – Opening session, “The Federal Function in Driving Fairness Throughout Profession-Related Schooling,” that includes a panel dialogue on how the Schooling Division and its federal companions can assist the Biden Administration’s dedication to fairness throughout career-connected schooling.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 8: “Scaling Proof-Primarily based Scholar Help Providers at Group Schools,” specializing in evidence-based fashions for offering group school college students with the assist companies they should thrive.
- 3-3:50 p.m. – Breakout Session 9: “Advancing Increased Schooling Entry By way of Second Probability Pell,” masking modifications in entry to Pell Grants for justice-involved people and promising practices from the Second Probability Pell initiative.
- 3:50 p.m. – Closing remarks by U.S. Below Secretary of Schooling James Kvaal.
To register for the summit, click on right here. Extra particulars will be discovered right here.