What you need to know about Utah’s new ‘Steady State‘ COVID-19 response

This previous week, we introduced that it’s time for Utah’s response to the coronavirus pandemic to shift to raised match the place we’re.

By March 31, our response will transition to what we’re calling a “Regular State.” Some components of the response will transition to being the duty of our extremely succesful well being care programs. This may permit our public well being system to refocus on issues a public well being system would usually take care of, like illness surveillance, information assortment and reporting, vaccinations, and public consciousness. If we see one other surge, we’ll keep groups and contracts that permit for ramping again up shortly if needed.

Right here’s what this implies for you.

COVID-19 testing in Utah

Testing websites throughout the state will shut as we transition away from neighborhood websites to well being care settings, personal suppliers — for occasions and journey — and at-home testing.

We nonetheless advocate sure individuals search testing, together with older individuals with high-risk situations, weak populations and people who work with them and people who typically go to weak individuals. These Utahns ought to search testing by means of their well being care supplier.

Well being care and therapy of COVID-19 in Utah

Much like testing, well being care and coverings will grow to be extra absolutely primarily based within the well being care system. Monoclonal antibody therapies can be found in hospitals and pressing cares statewide. Well being care suppliers throughout the state are actually in a position to prescribe oral antivirals.

State contracts for COVID optimistic long-term care amenities are drawing to an in depth and we’re demobilizing UDOH therapy websites. Public well being will, nevertheless, proceed to help navigating weak populations to care.

COVID-19 information reporting in Utah

Utah will proceed to supply public info, however much less typically. We can be lowering dashboard replace frequency from each day to weekly.

We all know this isn’t over and can proceed watching the info intently, monitoring wastewater, clinic and ER visits, hospitalizations, and deaths. We’re additionally maintaining a tally of new variants or any enhance in instances and can ramp again up if wanted.

COVID-19 vaccines in Utah

Vaccines have been and would be the surest manner out of the pandemic. This administration is devoted to getting vaccines to as many individuals as attainable. 

That features vaccinations for kids youthful than 5 as quickly as they’re licensed. We’ve made nice strides in making ready for this: At the least 79% of the state’s well being care suppliers who take part within the Vaccines for Kids program are additionally now enrolled to manage COVID vaccines. We’ll proceed to work with the remaining 21% of suppliers to persuade them to supply COVID vaccines to their sufferers as effectively.

We all know that vaccination stays one of the best ways to guard your self from the coronavirus. Please assist out our neighborhood by getting vaccinated at present!

Shifting ahead

This isn’t the “finish” of the pandemic. We’re nonetheless maintaining a tally of the long run and are able to ramp again up if needed. However we’ve made nice strides in preventing the pandemic:

Prior to now two years, we’ve 

  • introduced an extra 917,000+ instances.
  • processed greater than 9.1 million exams.
  • administered greater than 4.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
  • closed faculties, and safely re-opened them.

All the key metrics are shifting in the best route. Vaccines are extensively out there and hopefully quickly everybody older than six months can be eligible to obtain the vaccine. Remedies are extra extensively out there, and provides are enhancing each week. Testing is on the market within the consolation of your personal residence! Hospitals and ICUs — and the well being care staff who workers them — are nonetheless at excessive ranges, as they path behind different indicators, however they too are lastly beginning to see some reduction.

As at all times, you could find coronavirus info at coronavirus.utah.gov and well being.utah.gov.

###

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.